Teach for OLLI
OLLI at WVU depends on the generosity of our volunteer instructors to teach the quality classes and learning experiences offered throughout the year. Drawn from all walks of life, many OLLI instructors are current and retired teachers, university professors and administrators, business and civic leaders, and other professionals from the community who wish to share their knowledge and passion.
Free from tests or grades, instructors experience the joy of teaching students who are enthusiastic, engaged and eager to learn.
OLLI at WVU is currently seeking instructors to teach a wide variety of classes, including the arts, literature, history, philosophy and religion, current events, political affairs, science, math, health and wellness, and more for our campuses in Morgantown and Charleston.
Classes are held during four terms: summer, fall, winter, and spring. Special interest groups may meet year round. Although scheduling is flexible, most classes are held during a four to six week period within a term.
The 2019-20 schedule is as follows:
- Winter Term: January 21, 2020 to February 15, 2020
- Spring term: April 6, 2020 to May 16, 2020
The 2020-2021 schedule is as follows:
- Summer Term: July 7, 2020 to August 21, 2020
- Fall Term: October 5, 2020 to November 21, 2020
- Winter Term: January 25, 2021 to March 5, 2021
- Spring Term: April 12, 2021 to May 21, 2021
2022 Term Information
- Summer Term: July 5, 2021 to August 12, 2021
Course proposals are accepted throughout the year, although deadlines are established for each term annually. Deadlines are as follows:
- Winter Proposals Due: 11/8/2019
- Spring Proposals Due: 1/20/2020
- Summer Proposals Due: 4/20/2020
- Fall Proposals Due: 7/13/2020
- Winter Proposals Due: 11/2/2020
- Spring Proposals Due: 1/18/2021
- Summer Proposals Due: 4/19/2021
OLLI Non-Solicitation Policy
As a volunteer organization, OLLI at WVU greatly appreciates the generous donation of time and talent by our instructors and respects their right to academic freedom in preparing their courses. OLLI courses are intended to be learning experiences for our members, offered for the sake of expanding their horizons. Courses are not intended to be commercial or client recruiting opportunities for business products and services.
PowerPoint is available on all instructor machines. We highly recommend taking time with your presentation, and asking the OLLI staff if you have questions about what works best for presentations for our members.