The OLLI program in Charleston was launched in 2015 as a satellite of OLLI at WVU in Morgantown. Thanks to the dedication of a small group of committed volunteers, the program has grown from a handful of members to over 200 in 2019.
OLLI classes in Charleston are held in various locations throughout the community. The OLLI office is located in Morgantown.
Membership is required to participate in most OLLI activities.
Members enjoy the following benefits:
- A voice in OLLI governance
- The right to run for the OLLI Board or serve on a committee (Two Board of Directors seats are designated for representatives from Charleston. A committee of volunteers in Charleston help organize and manage the program.)
- Quarterly OLLI Connections newsletter
- The right to be added to a course wait list
- Discounts on community events and field trips
- Access to a variety of educational and social opportunities to learn and meet new friends.
Annual membership for OLLI in Charleston is $20. The membership year runs July 1 to June 30. An enrollment fee of $25 per term gives members access to unlimited OLLI classes.
Scholarships are available to those in need. Please ask at the office for a confidential application or complete the application online here.
When Kanawha County Schools are closed for inclement weather, there will be no OLLI classes held in the respective county. OLLI will make every attempt to reschedule the course, however the final decision is between the instructor and the OLLI Director.