You are Invited to the Fourteenth Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration:
“Courage To Be Free”
Monday, January 20, 2020 - 2:00 p.m. Metropolitan Theatre, 369 High Street, Morgantown
Free Family-friendly Program - All Welcome
- Music in the lobby before the event with Mike Attfield, Cindy O’brien, Doug Wiley
- Welcome by Morgantown Mayor Bill Kawecki
- Music by Al Anderson and Friends and the Cheat Lake Elementary School choir
- Recitation of children’s Martin Luther King, Jr. essays
- Jeremy Thomas reading the children’s book Words Set Me Free, the story of young Frederick Douglass.
- Harriet Tubman portrayed by Ilene Evans. This presentation is a History Alive! program of the West Virginia Humanities Council.
Thank you to art students from St. Francis Central Catholic School, to Rachel Wood of Virtus Wealth Solutions, and to the West Virginia Humanities Council. Contributions such as granola bars and dried fruit for the Scotts Run Settlement House Backpack Feeding Program will be collected. To learn more about CCSJ and the Backpack Feeding Program, please go to www.ccsjwv.org.
ASL interpretation will be provided.
Co-sponsors: Community Coalition for Social Justice & Main Street Morgantown, with financial support from the City of Morgantown