Come join your KVVP friends in a fun and informative visit with our WV Legislature Presidents’ Day, Monday, February 17th. Both the Future Farmers of America and the WV Women’s Commission will be recognizing and celebrating the 100th anniversary of the ratification of the 19th Amendment to the US Constitution, granting women the Vote.
The day begins early with an 8:15 am shuttle ride from the Laidley Field parking lot, courtesy of Senator Larry Rowe. Larry will drop off KVVP members and guests at the Capitol Entrance directly across from the WV Cultural Center. We will make our way to the Capitol Cafeteria, where we will have breakfast or coffee together and Larry will give us an overview of a typical day at the Legislature.
Following is a schedule of the day’s events:
- 8:15AM – MEET LARRY ROWE AT THE LAIDLEY FIELD PARKING LOT FOR A SHUTTLE TO THE CAPITOL BUILDING
- 8:30AM – 9:15AM – BREAKFAST IN THE CAPITOL CAFETERIA – (Each member pays for their own breakfast) WITH TALK BY SENATOR LARRY ROWE
- 9:30AM – LEGISLATIVE COMMITTEE MEETING OR VISIT TO WV CULTURAL CENTER
- XXXXPM - 12:45PM– LUNCH IN THE CAFETERIA
- 1:00PM – BANKING & INSURANCE COMMITTEE MEETING WITH LARRY ROWE
After the committee meeting we can stay or return to our cars.
PLEASE RSVP THIS EVENT TO firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 pm Saturday, February 15th. There’s no fee, but we need to plan the shuttle ride.