Make A Gift
Lifelong learners value education - for themselves and others. Daily, we see the educational and social impact OLLI has on our members.
In order to sustain our quality programming, your financial support is needed. Although OLLI is tremendously fortunate to have a wealth of passionate, qualified members, friends and others willing to volunteer their time and expertise, we still have many annual operating expenses necessary to offer such a program. These include classroom and office rental and maintenance; utilities, technology and internet access; staff compensation; marketing and community outreach; and course materials.
Financial support from WVU and earnings from the Osher Endowment cover about 45% of these expenses. Our current membership fees cover 15%. Therefore, the remaining 40% must be raised through donations, gifts, and grants.
Your consideration of a tax-deductible gift to OLLI at WVU today or in the future will benefit the program and help secure your OLLI legacy. Make a secure online donation by visiting https://www.mountaineerconnection.com/givetoOLLI.
Every gift has an impact.
Choices for Support
- Become a Member of the OLLI $100K Club! - 100% of all donations are deposited in the OLLI $100K Club fund established at the WVU Foundation, and are accessible for the immediate and long-term benefit of the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at West Virginia University. For more information on the benefits of joining the 100K Club please visit: OLLI $100K Club.
- The OLLI General Fund - used for current expenses.
- The OLLI Scholarship Fund - pays membership dues for a qualifying individual to receive OLLI membership at reduced or no cost.
- The OLLI Endowment Fund - helps to assure the continuance of the organization. OLLI can use only a percentage of the income generated from this fund.
Additional Ways to Support OLLI
- Major Giving - A current gift of a significant amount will allow you to specify how your gift will benefit OLLI.
- Planned Giving
- A future gift made through your estate plans can also support OLLI.
- If you are interested in including a gift in your will, please see our Estate Planning Form to find the language needed to accomplish that.
- Making the WVU Foundation the beneficiary of your tax-deferred retirement account, life insurance or annuity policy to support OLLI is also a good option.
- Setting up a gift that will supplement your retirement income, yield a current income tax deduction, and benefit OLLI in the future can make a lot of sense too.
- Stocks and Bonds - A gift of stocks or bonds allows you to donate appreciated assets and avoid the tax on the capital gain.
- In Honor/In Memory - A gift in honor or in memory of a loved one can be a special way to remember that person and help OLLI too.
OLLI at WVU is exempt from federal income taxes under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. It is also exempt from state taxes. All contributions to OLLI at WVU are tax deductible to the extent allowable by law.